The Annette Strauss Institute for Civic Life offers career and skill advancement internships to UT Austin students. The Institute aims to educate, inspire, and connect the next generation of civic leaders. As an intern, you'll have the opportunity to support outreach and programming efforts for our K-12 and collegiate programs, gaining valuable experience in the field of civic engagement.
Summer and Fall Internships 2023
Applications are now closed.
Assist Institute staff with planning student events that help students to find their civic voice, learn more about the political process, and make a difference in their communities. This includes brainstorming and researching new ideas for how to inspire students to get civically involved, working with our social media channels, coming up with creative ideas for letting students and teachers know about the programming, and helping to plan and prepare civic engagement outreach events.
- Strong basic research skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including writing to deadline and for a variety of audiences.
- An articulated belief in the Strauss Institute mission and an interest in civic life.
- Personable, well-organized, resourceful, mature, reliable and hardworking team player.
- Previous work in an educational, political, or non-profit setting is a plus.
Students are not required to earn credit but if they wish to may do so through the internship courses offered by Liberal Arts Career Services.